Taglines are an essential part or brand element of any brand or branding.
. A strong tagline contributes to the success of a brand and stays in the mind of the target group. But what is a tagline anyway, why do you need it and what examples are there?
A tagline is a short, memorable phrase used to convey a brand’s message or mission. It is usually used in advertising and marketing materials and is intended to express what a brand stands for or what distinguishes it from its competitors. Taglines are often used in conjunction with a brand’s logo and should be easily recognizable and memorable.
Taglines can play an important role in building a brand’s reputation and creating an emotional connection with customers. A good tagline can help create a memorable and meaningful brand experience, and can become synonymous with the brand over time.
The purpose of a tagline is to convey a brand’s message or mission in a concise and memorable way. A good slogan should be able to do the following:
Convey unique selling proposition
A tagline should be able to quickly and effectively convey what sets a brand apart from its competitors.
Create an emotional connection
A good tagline should evoke an emotional response from the customer and help build an emotional connection to the brand.
Increases the recognition value of the brand
A slogan should be memorable and easily recognizable to reinforce a brand’s image and increase brand recall.
Support advertising and marketing activities
A tagline can be used in a variety of advertising and marketing materials to convey a consistent message and increase brand awareness and recognition.
Establish brand personality
A tagline can help convey a brand’s personality and values, making it more likable and attractive to customers.
In short, the purpose of a tagline is to create a memorable and impactful brand message that helps build a strong brand image and emotional connection with customers.
Instruction – In 7 steps to the tagline
By following these steps, you can create a great tagline that effectively conveys your brand’s message and helps build a strong brand image and emotional connection with your customers.
- Identify your brand’s core message: start by determining the core message or mission you want your tagline to convey. This message should reflect what your brand stands for and what sets it apart from your competitors.
- Keep it short and simple: Taglines should be short and simple and easy to remember. Aim for a tagline that is no longer than a few words.
- Make it unique: Your tagline should be unique and stand out from others in your industry. Avoid clichés or overused phrases.
- Arouse an emotional response: A good tagline should evoke an emotional response from the customer and help create an emotional connection to the brand.
- Test it: test your tagline with different people to see if it’s memorable and effective. Revise and refine your tagline as needed based on the feedback you receive.
- Make it relevant: Your tagline should be relevant to your target audience and reflect their needs and wants.
- Consider tone of voice: The tone of your tagline should match your brand’s personality and values. Also, it should be appropriate for your target audience.
These taglines have become synonymous with their respective brands and have helped build a strong brand image and emotional connection with customers. They are memorable, simple and effective in conveying the brands’ core messages.
- “Just Do It” – Nike
- “Think Different” – Apple
- “The joy of driving” – BMW
- “I’m Lovin’ It” – McDonald’s
- “A Diamond is Forever” – De Beers
- “Vorsprung durch Technik” – Audi
The tagline is an
important brand element
and an essential part of every brand. By means of a tagline, one tries to summarize the message of a brand in a short and concise way. The tagline is usually next to the image logo. Well-known examples of this are Nike’s “Just Do It” or Apple’s “Think Different”.